This lesson includes information about social determinants of health and catchment areas. Note that this is part 1 of 2, and that the next presentation can be found in lesson 5.2. Some questions to consider while completing this lesson include:
- What are social determinants of health?
- What are catchment areas?
- What factors are considered when determining social vulnerability?
- Describe how catchment areas are defined
- Discuss the importance of identifying vulnerable populations in catchment areas
- Provide examples of social determinants of health
Presented By: Janet Brishke
Instructions: After watching the video tutorial, complete the following practice assessment. Choose the best answer for each question, and check your response for immediate feedback.
The reflection questions are meant to support your understanding of the topic and give you an opportunity to reflect about the topic based on your own individual perspectives. There are no right or wrong answers.
- Is the topic of social determinants of health new to you?
- Did anything in the video stand out to you?
- How did it make you feel?