This lesson addresses how behaviors and choices can increase or reduce risk factors for cancer. Some questions to consider while completing this lesson include:
- What are the risk factors for cancer?
- Can we control all of the risk factors related to cancer?
- What can we do to help to prevent cancer?
- Provide examples of risk factors for cancer
- Explain how some behaviors can help to prevent cancer
- Discuss the role of early screening in the prevention of cancer
Presented By: Natalie Silver
Instructions: After watching the video tutorial, complete the following practice assessment. Choose the best answer for each question, and check your response for immediate feedback.
The reflection questions are meant to support your understanding of the topic and give you an opportunity to reflect about the topic based on your own individual perspectives. There are no right or wrong answers.
- Is the topic of cancer prevention new to you?
- Did anything in the video stand out to you?
- How did it make you feel?
Risk Factors and Cancer
From the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, this site offers a more in-depth look into the different cancer risk factors a person can have- both genetic and not.