Topics covered in this lesson include an overview about palliative care, possible misconceptions, and what palliative care means in the context of cancer patients. Some questions to consider while completing this lesson include:
- What is palliative care?
- Why is palliative care important for cancer patients?
- Is palliative care intended for specific age groups?
- Explain why palliative care is a key component in cancer treatments
- Provide examples of palliative care for cancer patients
- Discuss the relationship between palliative care and hospice care
Presented By: Marie-Carmelle Elie
Instructions: After watching the video tutorial, complete the following practice assessment. Choose the best answer for each question, and check your response for immediate feedback.
The reflection questions are meant to support your understanding of the topic and give you an opportunity to reflect about the topic based on your own individual perspectives. There are no right or wrong answers.
- Is the topic of palliative care new to you?
- Did anything in the video stand out to you?
- How did it make you feel?