This lesson contains an overview of the role of surgery in the diagnosis, evaluation, and treatment of cancer. Some questions to consider while completing this lesson include:
- How are surgical procedures used in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer?
- What is en bloc resection?
- What is a patient-centered multidisciplinary approach?
- Describe how types of biopsies differ
- Explain the advantages of a needle biopsy
- Discuss the role of a multidisciplinary treatment team
Presented By: Ana Shaw
Instructions: After watching the video tutorial, complete the following practice assessment. Choose the best answer for each question, and check your response for immediate feedback.
The reflection questions are meant to support your understanding of the topic and give you an opportunity to reflect about the topic based on your own individual perspectives. There are no right or wrong answers.
- Is the role of surgery in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer new to you?
- Did anything in the video stand out to you?
- How did it make you feel?