This video provides a basic definition of cancer, cancer terminology, and the characteristics and processes related to cancer development. Some questions to consider while completing this lesson include:
- What is cancer?
- What are the main signs of cancer?
- Is cancer a single disease?
- Name the causes of cancer
- Describe how cancer forms
- Cite different terms used for cancer
Presented By: Rolf Renne
Instructions: After watching the video tutorial, complete the following practice assessment. Choose the best answer for each question, and check your response for immediate feedback.
The reflection questions are meant to support your understanding of the topic and give you an opportunity to reflect about the topic based on your own individual perspectives. There are no right or wrong answers.
- Is the topic of cancer new to you?
- Did anything in the video stand out to you?
- How did it make you feel?
What is Cancer?
This National Cancer Institute (NCI) site offers additional details about different types of cancers and how cancer spreads.
NCI Dictionary of Cancer Terms
Also from the NCI, this site contains a large number of cancer-related abbreviations and terms that may be helpful for Citizen Scientists working to understand the terminology of this field.